Prep time - 25 minutes Cook time - 20 minutes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled roughly chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Hot water, if needed
Place chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze 20 minutes. Attach KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder Attachment with coarse grinding plate to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Position mixer bowl under attachment. Turn to speed 4 and grind chicken, garlic, ginger and jalapeño.
Remove food grinder and attach flat beater and mixer bowl to mixer. Add green onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, curry paste, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro and panko, turn to Stir speed and mix until blended, about 30 seconds. Cover and chill for 45 minutes.
Shape chicken mixture into 24 meatballs (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each) using wet hands. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs in batches and cook, turning often, until browned and cooked through, about 8 to 12 minutes. Add remaining oil to pan as needed.
Place all ingredients for peanut sauce in medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add small amounts of hot water, if needed, to thin to desired consistency. Serve meatballs immediately peanut dipping sauce.
makes 4 to 6 servings