Indulge your tastebuds at one of Victoria’s most coveted food festivals, Taste of Sorrento, and go into the running to win a KitchenAid Stand Mixer just by attending the Taste Marquee and completing an entry form. Entry forms and full details are available at the event.
Taste of Sorrento will be kicking off its sixth year with an array of gourmet food and wine events. Set in the seaside town of Sorrento on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula, the festival is the perfect foodie getaway.
This year’s program includes a variety of gastronomical delights including masterclasses, cooking demonstrations, tastings and themed dining experiences.
- Michael Demagistris, finalist from Masterchef Professionals, will present a masterclass on dishes inspired by his Italian heritage. Guests will learn about Michael’s life after Masterchef whilst he delivers a tantalising three course menu.
- Enjoy a Fish and Film night at Sorrento’s historic Athenaeum Cinema where guests will feast on fish and chips, locally sourced wines and tantalising desserts as they relax under the stars to whilst enjoying ‘Woman of Gold’ starring Dame Helen Mirren.
- The Taste Marquee at Three Palms restaurant will be returning again this year with an action packed agenda in the customised demonstration kitchen. Take things back to basics with Barry Iddles of Sorrento Catering and learn how to best cook with only three ingredients. Or how about a pasta masterclass from Chef Brett Johnson of Acquolina or cooking demonstration by Coda’s Adam D’Sylva?
- See the sights of Sorrento whilst sailing the Sorrento Bay with the High Tea on the High Seas cruise. Enjoy gourmet sweet and savoury treats sourced from across the Mornington Peninsula best producers.
- The Taste of Bellagio event hosted by renowned local chef Brett Johnson will see a four-course menu inspired by the regional cuisine and wine of the Northern Italian city of Bellagio. Hear about Brett Johnson’s yearly Italian trip to Italy to learn about the cuisine and inspire his seasonal menu.
- If you’re crazy about coffee be sure to visit Estio Canteen’s Coffee Roast and Cup event. Learn about the coffee roasting process and be involved in the cupping of green coffees from Brazil, Ethiopia, India and Uganda.
- Are you a seafood lover? Be sure to check out Geoff Lindsay’s Crab Full Moon Extravaganza, an evening of chilli mud crab and champagne under the stars.
- Celebrate the Queen’s Brithday at the Mornington Peninsula Beer & Cider Festival with beer tastings, beef flights, beer food and live music. The Stringer Store will see renowned Mornington Peninsula wine maker Garry Crittenden host a tasting of handcrafted wines alongside Stringer Store’s delicious tapas.
- Sorrento Village will play host to a free entry Foodie’s Market which will showcase some of the region’s best producers and local restaurants.
To find out more information about the foodie delights of Taste of Sorrento visit www.tasteofsorrento.com.au