These fritters pack a punch of flavour, and are quick and easy to make and keep in the fridge!
1 onion, halved
200g halloumi, cut in half
450g sweet potato, peeled and cut to fit feed tube
1 cup (130g) frozen green peas, just thawed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
4 green onions
½ cup (25g) chopped parsley
3 eggs, beaten
½ cup (75g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Freshly ground black pepper
Oil for pan frying
Za’atar and yoghurt sauce
3 teaspoons za’atar, plus extra for serving
1 small garlic cloves, minced
1 cup (280g) Greek yoghurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
Salt to taste
1. Attach the Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and insert the medium grating blade. Position a large bowl under the attachment to catch the ingredients.
2. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and add the onion and half the halloumi through the large feed tube.
3. Grate the sweet potato, 1 piece at a time, into the feed tube on speed 4. Repeat with remaining halloumi and set aside.
4. Add peas, cumin, salt, green onions, parsley and eggs and mix well.
5. Fold through flour, baking powder and pepper and set aside.
6. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Using a 1/3 cup measure as a guide, spoon sweet potato mixture into heated oil. Cooking 4 at a time, cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook a further 2 minutes or until fritters are golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel and repeat with remaining batter.
7. To make the Za’atar yoghurt sauce, mix all ingredients together and season to taste with salt.
8. Serve 2 fritters per person topped with yoghurt sauce and an extra sprinkle of za’atar.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes