PREP TIME: 20 Minutes COOK TIME: 10 Minutes TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
Roasted Lemon Salsa
- 4 lemons, sliced into pieces
- 2 red chilis, such a cayenne, seeded and cut in quarters lengthwise
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 700g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- bamboo skewers
Preheat oven to 220° C.
Arrange lemon slices and chilis on parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and sugar.
Roast 15-20 minutes until lemons are beginning to soften and slightly charred. Remove from oven and cool.
Assemble and attach KitchenAid® Food Grinder to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Position bowl under strainer to catch lemon mixture. Remove peel from all but 2 lemon slices and discard. Set mixer to speed 6 and process lemons and chilis. Stir in mint, parsley, capers, vinegar, and black pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
Soak bamboo skewers in water to prevent burning. Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
Toss shrimp with garlic, lemon juice, oregano, basil, and black pepper. Marinate 15-20 minutes while grill is heating.
Skewer shrimp, 4-5 per skewer, and grill 5-6 minutes turning once until cooked through and slightly charred.
Serve immediately with Roasted Lemon Salsa. Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator up to 2 days.