Prep Time - 30 minutes Cook Time - 15 minutes
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup peeled and cubed mango
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pound salmon, skin removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon horseradish or Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toasted buns or lettuce cups
Attach KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder Attachment with coarse grinding plate to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Position a medium bowl under attachment. Turn to Speed 4 and grind mango and jalapeno. Gently stir in remaining salsa ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made 2 hours ahead.
Place salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze 20 minutes. Attach clean food grinder to stand mixer with coarse grinding plate. Position mixer bowl under grinder, turn to speed 4 and grind salmon. Remove food grinder and attach flat beater and mixer bowl to mixer. Add red onion, egg, mustard, lemon zest, salt and black pepper. Using a 1/2-cup measure, shape into 4 patties. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and chill 10 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Cook salmon burgers in batches, 3 to 4 minutes per side until cooked through, adding remaining oil as needed. Serve immediately on toasted buns or in lettuce cups with mango avocado salsa.
makes 4 servings