Indulge in a winter favourite with our Roast Pork Loin and Apple Fennel.
- 2 (300g) Granny smith apples, cored and thickly sliced
- 1 large (400g) fennel bulb, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1.5kg rolled pork loin, tied and skin scored
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Sea salt
1. Combine apple, fennel, onion and sage and place into an 8 cup (2 litre) capacity microwave and oven-safe ceramic baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in stock.
2. Place pork on top of the apple fennel mixture and rub oil over the skin. Sprinkle over sea salt and rub over evenly.
3. Arrange LOW RACK onto turntable and place baking dish on top.
4. Select CHEF MENU /MEAT /PORK /1.5kg and press START.
5. With 5 minutes remaining on the cook time, open door and check the progress of the crackling. Keep checking every 2 minutes. Press STOP when crackling is at your desired crispness and colour.
6. Once cooking time has ended, remove pork and cover loosely with foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
7. Serve slices of pork with roasted apple and fennel