Prep time: 60 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups ‘00’ pasta flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 18 green prawns
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped basil, plus extra for garnish
- Attach flat beater to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Add flour, salt, eggs and water to mixer bowl. Turn to speed 2 and mix until dough is well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes. Exchange flat beater for dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and knead for 2 to 3 minutes. Gather dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Finely chop prawns in a food processor, about 10 seconds. Add egg white, cream, salt and pepper, and process for 10 to 20 seconds, or until it resembles thickly whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate filling until needed.
- Attach KitchenAid Pasta Roller attachment to mixer with adjustment knob set to 1. Divide dough into quarters and flatten 1 piece, keeping remaining dough wrapped. Turn mixer to speed 2 and feed flattened dough through rollers to knead. Fold dough in half and roll again, repeat until dough is smooth and pliable and covers the width of the rollers. Change roller setting to 2 and feed dough sheet through rollers to flatten, do not fold dough for this step. Repeat for roller settings 3, 4 and 5. Lightly dust pasta sheet with flour and set aside. Repeat process with remaining dough. Work quickly to prevent sheets from drying out.
- Attach KitchenAid Ravioli attachment to mixer. Fold one dough sheet in half and insert folded end between the forming rollers. Rotate handle 1/4 turn to feed pasta sheet and secure between rollers. Separate the loose ends of pasta sheet and drape over smooth metal rollers. Snap hopper in place. Using scoop spoon, spread 1 to 2 scoops of filling evenly in the hopper, pressing down gently. Slowly turn the ravioli attachment handle, making sure formed ravioli strips are feeding freely though bottom of attachment. Repeat until dough sheet is filled and formed. Place formed ravioli sheet on a lightly floured surface and let dry for 10 minutes before separating. Repeat process with remaining filling and dough sheets.
- To make sauce, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add chili and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until just warmed and fragrant. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper; reduce heat to low while cooking ravioli.
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat to a full rolling boil. Cook raviolis for 2 to 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain and add cooked ravioli and basil to sauce, stirring gently to coat ravioli. Serve immediately.
makes 6 to 8 servings