Try this flavourful Fresh Tomato Herb Soup, prepared with ease in the KitchenAid Multi-Cooker. Makes 8 servings
1 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
9 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3 cups (750ml) vegetable or chicken stock
¼ cup (3 tbs) of combined fresh chopped basil, marjoram and oregano leaves *
1 tsp whole fennel seeds or 2 tsp ground fennel
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
½ cup (100g) uncooked small pasta such as risoni or pearl (Israeli) cous cous
1⁄2 cup (80g) shredded mozzarella cheese
shredded fresh basil to serve
- Set KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker to Soup setting. Heat oil on Soup / Step 1. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes stirring with the KitchenAid® Stir Tower on low speed.
- Press button for Soup / Step 2. Add tomatoes, stock, basil, marjoram, oregano, fennel seeds, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Press button for Soup / Step 3; cover and cook 25 minutes, stirring on 2 minute intermittent setting. Turn off Multi-Cooker and remove insert to heatproof surface. Allow to cool.
- Purée soup in batches to desired consistency in KitchenAid® food processor or blender. Return soup to Multi-Cooker; bring to the boil on Boil/Steam setting. Add pasta; cook for 7 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with cheese and shredded basil to serve.
* 1 tbs fresh chopped herbs can be replaced with 1 tsp dried herbs if desired.