Makes: 6 cups or 6 servings Portion Size: 1 cup each Prep Time: 30 min.
1 recipe Basic Egg Pasta Dough, quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cupdry white wine
1 cupheavy cream
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup prosciutto, chopped
1 cup fresh English peas, blanched
¾ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
2 tablespoons pasta cooking water
1. Attach Pasta Sheet Roller to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Set adjustment knob on roller at 1. Turn mixer to Speed 2. Feed one flattened piece of dough into rollers to knead. Fold dough in half and roll again. Repeat folding and kneading process several times, or until dough is smooth and pliable. Lightly dust pasta with flour while rolling, if needed, to aid in drying and separation. Knead and fold each piece of dough in same manner.
2. Move adjustment knob to setting 2. Feed dough through rollers to further flatten. Change to setting 3 and feed dough through rollers again. Change to setting 4; feed dough through twice. Repeat with remaining dough. Stop mixer.
3. Exchange Pasta Sheet Roller for Fettuccine Cutter attachment. Turn mixer to Speed 4. Feed flattened pasta sheets through cutter. Carefully arrange pasta on Pasta Drying Rack.
4. While pasta dries, bring 4 quarts water to a boil in large pot; season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook 4 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
5. Heat oil, shallots and garlic in large skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until softened and edges just start to brown. Add wine; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Add cream, nutmeg, prosciutto and peas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; add pasta, ½ cup cheese and pasta cooking water. Toss until coated. Serve topped with remaining cheese.
• Substitute frozen green peas, thawed, for the fresh English peas.