Home made Fettuccine with fresh tomatoes and creamy burrata cheese.
250g OO flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 tsp olive oil
1-2 tbs water
Semolina flour for dusting
450g heirloom tomatoes, chopped with some seeds removed
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 bunch torn basil
2 sprigs parsley
280g burratta cheese
Parmesan cheese to serve
Balsamic vinegar to serve
1. Attach the flat beater to the Stand Mixer. Add flour and salt to mixer bowl and turn to speed 2 to combine. Turn off mixer and make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Add eggs and olive oil to well, turn to speed 2 and mix for 2 to 3 minutes adding water 1 tablespoon at a time until dough holds together. Remove the flat beater and attach the dough hoog. Turn to Stir (speed 1) speed and knead for 2-3 minutes. Gather doughb into a ball, wrap in plastic and let rest at least 1 hour.
2. Attach the Pasta Roller attachment to the Stand Mixer with adjustment knob set to 1. Divide dough int quarters and flatten 1 piece, keeping remaining dough wrapped. Turn mixer to speed 2 and feed flattened dough through rollers to knead. Fold dough in half and roll again, repeat until dough is smooth and pliable and covers the width of the rollers. Change roller setting to 2 and feed dough sheet through rollers to flatten, do not old dough for this step. Repeat for roller setting 3 through 6. Lightly dust pasta sheet with flour and set aside. Repeat process with remaining dough.
3. Remove Roller attachment and attach Fettuccine Cutter to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and cut pasta sheets into noodles. Twirl into nests on parchment paper and sprinkle with a little semolina until ready to use.
4. Heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add garlic and saute 2 to 3 minutes longer to heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook about 2 minutes until al dente. Use tongs to transfer pasta to skillet and continue to cook for 1 minute, letting some of the pasta cooking liquid drizzle in.
5. Transfer pasta to serving platter, sprinkle with basil and parsley and dollops of burrata. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and lightly drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately. makes 4 to 6 serves.