Making your own crispbread is easier than you think and using the popular Middle Eastern spice Za'atar will take it to another level!
1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
1 teaspoons sea salt flakes
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
4 teaspoons za'atar
Labneh or Lebanese dip to serve
1. Attach the Dough Hook to the KitchenAid Stand Mixer and add flour, salt and sesame seeds to the mixer bowl. Mix on Speed 1 for 2 minutes.
2. Combine the water and oil, add to the bowl. Mix on speed 5 until dough is soft and smooth.
3. Cut the dough into 8 portions, shape into rounds, wrap individually in plastic. Place on a tray and set aside 30 minutes to rest.
4. Preheat oven and trays on 180°C fan forced. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
5. Attach Flat Beater to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Set adjustment knob on roller to 1 (widest setting).
6. Working with one portion at a time, turn the Stand Mixer to speed 1-2 and feed dough into rollers, adding a little extra flour as needed. Start to increase the settings one notch at a time until you reach setting 4.
7. Sprinkle each rolled out piece of dough with 1/2 tsp za'atar. Gently press the za'atar to secure. Place two rolled pieces of dough side by side on each tray. Bake 12-15 minutes until light golden. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
8. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
9. Serve with labneh or dip of your choice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes