These Chewy Choc Chip Cookies are great for dessert or an afternoon snack. Enjoy them while they're still warm to get the extra treat of gooey melted chocolate!
- 225 g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 220 g packed light brown sugar
- 150 g white sugar
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 10 mL vanilla
- 312 g plain flour
- 25 g rolled oats
- 6 g salt
- 5 g baking soda
- 265 g dark chocolate chips
Makes approximately 40 cookies.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Attach flat beater to KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Add cubed butter and both sugars to mixer bowl, turn mixer to Stir speed for 1 minute, gradually increasing to speed 4 for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Do not over mix, cookie dough should remain cold. Scrape down sides of bowl, add eggs and vanilla and mix on speed 4 until combined, about 1 minute.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Add flour mixture to stand mixer bowl and mix on stir speed until all flour is incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix on Stir speed until chips are mixed in.
- Drop about 35 mL of dough per cookie on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until bottoms are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time. Remove from oven and let rest 3 to 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. Let baking sheets cool completely before baking the remaining dough.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 40 cookies