These cookies are deliciously soft and chewy, but not overly sweet, making it hard to resist and stop at just one! Packed with protein and fibre, these cookies roll all the goodness into one healthy treat.
1/2 cup uncooked Amaranth grain
2 cups Almond flour
1 cup chopped Almonds
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1 tablespoon Cinnamon powder
1/2 cup Maple syrup
1/2 cup Coconut oil
1 cup Almond butter
1/2 cup hot water
16 whole Almonds (topping)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Place all of the wet ingredients into another mixing bowl and mix with the hand mixer.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix and mix well until it’s all combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Shape the mixture into golf- size balls, then flatten them gently with a fork and top with whole almonds.
- Bake at 180c for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serving: 16 cookies
- These cookies will keep up to a week in an airtight container.
- These cookies are vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free.